29 December 2008

Crochet



I've got quite a lot of spare time on my hands at the moment, as I'm in Madrid waiting for an interview for my residence/working visa, which is not until May! So, I've decided to crochet a blanket.
I've never crocheted anything before and it's not something I thought I would ever do. But, last October I was in Uzes/France with my family (who had come over from Australia) and on our second last day mum and I went for a walk through the town to look at some of the shops. In one of these we found a crocheted shawl and I thought it was so lovely that I immediately wanted to learn how to crochet.


This is my inspiration from Uzes.

First I thought I should start with something a little less fine, like a blanket. So I've been crocheting some practice squares for the last few weeks and getting a few lessons from Alvaro's mother Mari
Carmen.
I found a pattern on the internet (adding a few little modifications) and last Saturday visited 'El Gato Negro' in Plaza Mayor which has a great range of wool, which is also really affordable (perfect!).


I've just started.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia,

    Can you tell me what your modifications were? I think your blanket is absolutely stunnning!

    thanks,
    marte (gorgeousblanket @ marte.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete

you might also like ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails