14 April 2009

Eucalyptus


We have a big bunch of gum leaves hanging in our house at the moment. I collected them near Garrucha while we were there for the Easter long weekend. Even though they're all over Spain, I always think of Australia when I see or smell them.

I've been wanting to collect some and try to use them as a dye ever since Karen sent me the book 'Eco Colour' by India Flint after her visit last year. It's meant to be possible to get a red dye/print from them like in the image below, which is from the book.


I don't know what species of eucalyptus I've collected but I'm going to give it a try really soon. I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time our house is full of the yummy smell of eucalyptus oil .... mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails