05 July 2010

Something for Summer ...


I've had many requests for the Syrian Loops pattern so I though (as they are perfect for summer) that it's about time I wrote it down.
There are two sizes 30mm & 25mm diameter hoops which I've found to work best and I'm going to write the two patterns down separately and you can also find the diagrams below.
They are very straight forward.

What you'll need:
  • 1mm crochet hook
  • 2 x 30mm (or 25mm) hoops.
  • No. 12 thread
  • Wire to make both the 3mm and 2mm rings and the tools to make them (you can also buy these pre-made)
  • Beads or pieces of flattened metal to dangle from the base of the earrings (I use little pieces of half flatted wire which I thread a metal bead on and finish with a little loop). I like metal as it makes a lovely tinkling sound as it rubs together.
  • Ear Hooks

To Make - Small (25mm)

Crochet
  1. Join thread to left side of hoop and 55 Single Crochet (SC) around. Cut thread and sew in ends.
  2. Join new thread to 16th SC from top of hoop (see diagram). 7SC in next 7SC. 4 Half Double Crochet (HDC) in next 4SC. 3 Double Crochet (DC) in next 3SC. 4HDC in next 4SC. 7SC in next 7SC. Join and sew in ends.
  3. Join new thread to 3rd SC in row 2. SC, Chain(CH)3, SC in the same SC. {SC in next SC. SC, CH3, SC in next SC}. Repeat 9 times. Join and sew in ends.
Next
  1. Attach a 3mm ring to each of the Chain 3's at the base of the loop (11 in total).
  2. Attach a 2mm ring to each of these (11 in total).
  3. To these little rings attach what ever you have chosen to dangle from the base of the earring.
  4. Attach the ear hook to the top of the hoop with a little ring.
  5. and lastly to finish off I dab a little bit of glue at either side of the top of the hoop to attach the crochet and stop it sliding down.
Repeat for second earring.



To Make - Large (30mm)

Crochet
  1. Join thread to left side of hoop and 65 Single Crochet (SC) around. Cut thread and sew in ends.
  2. Join new thread to 19th SC from top of hoop (see diagram). 8SC in next 8SC. 5 Half Double Crochet (HDC) in next 5SC. 3 Double Crochet (DC) in next 3SC. 5HDC in next 5SC. 8SC in next 8SC. Join and sew in ends.
  3. Join new thread to 3rd SC in row 2. SC, Chain(CH)3, SC in the same SC. {SC in next SC. SC, CH3, SC in next SC}. Repeat 11 times. Join and sew in ends.
Next
  1. Attach a 3mm ring to each of the Chain 3's at the base of the loop (13 in total).
  2. Attach a 2mm ring to each of these.
  3. To these little rings attach whatever you have chosen to dangle from the base of the earring.
  4. Attach the ear hook to the top of the hoop with a little ring.
  5. and lastly to finish off, I dab a little bit of glue at either side of the top of the hoop to attach the crochet and stop it sliding down.
Repeat for second earring.




I hope this makes sense!
(let me know if there's any problems as I'm still new to public pattern writing)

Enjoy



Please note: This pattern is for personal use only.
Thank you :)

Creative Commons License



9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It's so kind of you to share such a beautiful pattern!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So pretty!! Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks thanks thanks...i can't say any word for you....thanks for sharing us.....you are my hero :)


    hope to see more for this long summer ( i live in UAE) looooong sumer 3 months :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a question for you, will you tell me where i can find supplies to make these earrings

    i want online shop so i can order from them plz

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you search for HOOP or BEADING HOOP in etsy under supplies you will find this bit, you can also find the rings and cotton there.
    The little dangly bits I put together myself using bits I have found in Madrid. I don't know where you else you can buy them??? but I'm sure if you search in etsy you could find something equally as lovely ... maybe under JEWELRY FINDINGS?
    If you can't find anything let me know and maybe I can put together a little pack to sell in my etsy shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! You are such an inspiration. I loved these earrings when I first saw them because I have been to the suqs in the Middle East. Your generosity is much appreciated. Ellyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be great idea....please add a section in your etsy shop for supplies....i will be the first one who will buy :)


    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.128086506.jpg

    i have some of these hoops, can you give an idea how to make earrings using them, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails