17 May 2010

Italy


We started in Rome...
wandering around the streets, stopping in gorgeous restaurants.


A horse wearing a very cute crochet hat
near the Fontana di Trevi.


My sister met us in Rome and we headed north to a beautiful house (Villa Cerqualto) in the hills of Umbria.
My brother and his wife met us there.
Later in the week Alvaro just made it, after Madrid airport was closed down by the volcanic ash cloud :(



This photo was taken by Alvaro in a small town not far from Sienna.



Views of beautiful Sienna from the top of the tower.


Alvaro and I had some time in Rome before our flight back to Madrid.
In these photos the sky looks very threatening but the clouds cleared (for almost the first time in a week and a half) and we got to have lunch in the sun at a little terrace in the back streets near the Colosseum and later to fit in one last gelato by the Fontana di Trevi.
We arrived back in Madrid very late last night after our plane was delayed (without even having the ash as an excuse).
So I'm back to my blog and I have reopened my etsy shop this morning.
I also managed to grab a treasury :) which you can see here for the next two days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails